Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer's Almost Here!


Hello world!

So much has been going on this summer, I don’t even know where to begin! For the past month and a half I have been working with Dr. Heather Sheardown, one of my chemical engineering professors, in her lab on campus. I have the opportunity to work with graduate students learning from them and working alongside them on their experiments. It has been an incredibly educational experience. Our lab deals primarily with biomaterials and drug delivery to the eye. I have been making various contact lens materials infused with drug, and tested their ability to release drug directly to the eye to treat disease. We do this to increase the effectiveness of the drug in treating disease. It’s really cool!

Genna, Josh & Javaun volunteering at May@Mac Open House
Here I am volunteering to greet
future students at May@Mac Open House!
I hope you all are excited for summer to arrive! To all you grade 12 students, I hope you didn’t have too hard of a time deciding what school you will attend. If any of you attended our May@Mac Open House last month I hope you enjoyed exploring around campus! Hopefully we were able to convince you to all to come at Mac.  And to all you who did choose McMaster, I can’t wait to meet you in September! I’m an orientation leader for the faculty of engineering this year, so you’ll find me hooting and hollering in my red jumpsuit all Welcome Week long!

If you have any questions, or want to know what to do next in preparing for Mac, visit http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/future/accepted.html for the answers!
Have an amazing summer guys! ~Genna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line if you have a question or comment! If you're bored, though, find something else to do - any offensive or inappropriate comments will be deleted. You can always email us at goeng1@mcmaster.ca!