Monday, January 9, 2012

Following the Campaign Trail (Daniela)

Today marks the beginning of the second week of the winter semester. Everyone is now one semester wiser, and I know I certainly have new goals to better stay on top of my work and assignments.

Beyond the standard exhilaration of a new semester, we have a little bit more to get excited about. Tomorrow and Wednesday are the two voting days for the McMaster Engineering Society President for the 2012-2013 year. The MES is a great opportunity for students who
have a variety of interests and skills and want to get involved. You can edit and publish our magazine (Frequency), submit articles to our newspaper (The Plumbline), organize the McMaster Engineering Competition, and also run a variety of events. The Presidential election is the first one of the year, and will be followed shortly by elections for our many other council positions.

If you are interested in reading the candidates' campaign statements, check out the MES website here: http://macengsociety.ca/

I know I am very excited to vote tomorrow, and I hope my peers do the same!

Later days,

Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line if you have a question or comment! If you're bored, though, find something else to do - any offensive or inappropriate comments will be deleted. You can always email us at goeng1@mcmaster.ca!